- City of Manchester solicited statements of qualifications for consulting engineering firms for the evaluation and design of the trestle bridge and the remaining 1,500 feet of trail yet to be completed. The most qualified consultant, Hoyle, Tanner and Associates, Inc. was selected and is scheduled begin their site evaluation and structural inspection in October 2010.
- Beckett Family Services spent close to 100 hours cleaning and maintaining the trail from the Hands Across the Merrimack Bridge to the
- Additional community service is scheduled to begin weeding and trash pickup from
South Main Street
across the Merrimack River and south onto the Riverwalk on 9/18.
- Reclaimed asphalt has been crushed and laid along portions of the Rockingham Trail to provide for a smoother, more passable surface. This asphalt came from nearby City construction activities and has saved the taxpayers money on disposal fees, while improving the usage of the Rockingham Recreational Trail.
South Manchester Rail Trail:
- The City is participating in ongoing discussions with the Airport and the NH Department of Transportation about the completion and the final route planning for the South Manchester Rail Trail from Goffs Falls Road to Harvey Road and through to Londonderry.